Whether you are a friend, colleague, community member, UC San Diego alum or a generous believer of the Department of Education Studies mission, you no doubt understand the value of scholarships, partnerships, practice
Giving back is a unique opportunity because, for the first time on campus, a special fund has been established to help numerous initiatives and programs that directly support our students and faculty. Your gift to
- Supporting Undergraduate Research Projects, allowing students the opportunity to conduct extensive research under the mentorship of faculty and graduate students, and to enable top students to participate in research conferences;
- Fellowships for our graduate students in our competitive programs such as the M.A. in Teaching and Learning: American Sign Language-English Bilingual Education program;
- Transformative Research to support and promote the innovative and collaborative research studies our students and faculty are engaged in that advance our understanding of many challenging educational issues.
UC San Diego's Department of Education Studies tackle the most difficult initiatives and challenges in the education system with a collaborative research and practice approach. With your support, these remarkable people will become the leaders who improve the future for us all.
Department of Education Studies General Fundraising Campaign
A contribution made to the General Fundraising Campaign will support all of our academic programming, student-centered activities, and student scholarships.
American Sign Language - English Bilingual Education, Teaching & Learning Fellowship
To support current expenditure fellowships for students who are:
- Pursuing an M.A. in Teaching and Leaming: American Sign Language-English Bilingual Education
- Pursuing a
PhDin Education related to the education of deaf children and youth
Chrispeels Doctoral Fellowship in Educational Leadership
In 2010, in recognition of the 50th Anniversary Celebration of UC San Diego, Professor Emeritus of Education Janet Chrispeels and her husband Maarten Chrispeels, Professor Emeritus of Biology, created a Fellowship to provide support for graduate students in Education Studies as part of the campus’ Invent the Future Campaign. This Fellowship is targeted toward students with experience in serving low income/under-served communities and who demonstrate the desire as well as leadership skills to address issues of social and educational inequities.
Past and current recipients of the Chrispeels Fellowship from the last 7 years shared a wonderful evening recently telling their stories and the impact that the fellowship has had on not only their lives but also how they were able to further help in supporting social justice and equity in schools and communities. The recounting of these stories of success was quite inspiring and further shows the positive impact that this Fellowship has had since its inception.
To give back, please visit UC San Diego Online Giving, and search Education Studies.
You can make a gift any of the following ways:
- Make your gift online via our secure online giving site and search Education Studies
- To make your gift by phone, please call Gift Processing at (858) 534-4493.
- To mail in your gift check, print this gift form. Make your check payable to UC San Diego Foundation and mail it with your payment
to:UCSD Gift Processing, 9500 Gilman Drive, #0940, La Jolla, CA 92093-0940
For more information on giving to the Social Sciences, please visit www.socsci.ucsd.edu/giving.
If you have questions or require assistance please contact (858) 246-0372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Passion. Your Gift. Your Impact.
Your UC San Diego.
UC San Diego faculty and staff prefer the path less traveled. We lead by example through our personal commitment to the work we do and by supporting an ever-evolving and always improving UC San Diego experience with our philanthropic investments.
All faculty and staff gifts help UC San Diego achieve excellence! By supporting your passion with an annual gift, you’ll be joining fellow faculty and staff donors in the Campaign for UC San Diego.