Travel Resources for Faculty, Staff and Graduate Students
The University will reimburse faculty, staff, students, and non-UCSD travelers for allowable expenses incurred when traveling on official University business.
All faculty, graduate students
Mileage reimbursement rates - https://blink.ucsd.edu/travel/expenses-reimbursements/reporting/mileage-reimbursement/rates.html
All UCSD Graduate Students must complete the following additional steps:
- Prior to taking the trip, complete the UC San Diego's Student Certification for Business-Related Travel form.
- Submit receipts showing proof of purchase to Hawiza Sharpe. Original receipts or electronic submissions are acceptable.
Additional information on UCSD Travel:
- UCSD Travel
- UCSD Travel Card Information
- Connexxus - UC's travel program, for booking University travel.
- Before using Connexxus, UCSD faculty members, staff and students can set up a Traveler profile online
- All approved UCSD
travellersplanning a trip outside California must register for UC Travel Accident Insurance. Complete the online form here
- UC San Diego's policy on required Travel Receipts
- Meals for Short-Term Domestic Travel
- Lodging for Short-Term Domestic Travel
- Per Diem Info for Foreign Travel or Long-Term (30+ days) Domestic Travel
- UC San Diego Travel Policy Highlights
- UC San Diego Student Certification for Business-Related Travel
How do I pay for pre-conference expenses such as registration and hotel deposit?
If you have to pre-register for a conference or hotel stay more than 21 days in advance of your travel, you have a few options for payment.
- You can pay on a personal card. (You will not be reimbursed until after the trip.)
- You can request UCSD submit a check on your behalf. Please notify Fiscal Support Hawiza Sharpe at a minimum of 30 days in advance before the check is due.
- You can put the registration or hotel deposit on your UCSD travel card. Please notify Hawiza Sharpe if you do this so late fees are not incurred.
- You can put the registration on your express card or the departmental express card - preferred method.